Yes! We finally have details on the new Zune version. "Zune 2.0" – The product’s actual name, is coming out sometime in August. The details are sketchy according to multiple reports, but here’s what we’ve confirmed:
- Slimmer than first version – We don’t know how slim, but we’re promised that it will be significantly slimmer than the first one. Not a cheesy 2 mm, slimmer.
- 7 different color models – When it launches, there’s will be 7 different colors. We know for a fact that brown has been dropped.
- Flash version will also come – A 6 GB, portable flash drive will also launch aside with Zune 2.0. Too bad we don’t know what this will look like.
- Use as a portable hard drive – Zune 2.0 (not the flash one) can be used as a portable hard drive. Now you can carry your Word docs, PDF’s, and whatnot.
No pictures sadly, but we also got the scoop on the 1.5 firmware update:
- Updated WiFi – WiFi will significantly improve in this version. About time. Finally. What it is, we don’t know. Hopefully, there’s wireless syncing, and buying stuff on Marketplace on-the-go.
- Lyrics support – Now you can view lyrics along with your songs when you play. I don’t know what took so long, but now we have support for that. Marketplace will also be updated, to include accurate lyrics to be sold along with the songs. Lyrics are an extra 10 cents.
- Extra codecs support – More codecs will come supported. Not more info. than that.
I know the details are sketchy, and there’s no pictures, but it’s all coming in August. It seems like Zune 2.0 is really going to try to make a bigger splash. We’ll see when it comes time. I can’t wait.